Our ability to focus effectively on the job and priorities at hand is too often challenged by the non-stop flood of required, but not necessarily urgent, input, decisions and actions with which we must deal with.
Getting Things Done is an systematic approach for transforming overwhelm and uncertainty into an integrated system of stress-free productivity.
GTD guides you in creating a trusted system – an “external brain” to manage your reminders, tasks and commitments. This external brain will help you win at the game of work and the business of life.
GTD gives you space to envision your future, being strategic, and staying focused on your next action.
“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”® David Allen
Using a very straight-forward process of capturing all the ‘stuff’ in your life, organizing it all into lists and reviewing it frequently, GTD enables you to achieve more without feeling stressed. The goal is to spend less time doing the things you have to do, so you have more time for the things you want to do.
GTD has helped millions of people get busy inboxes to zero, manage multiple balls in the air with calm control, and find clear head space for creativity and innovation amidst the modern rush.
GTD improves work and life on all levels
GTD and You
- Stress reduction by creating an trusted system for managing all your tasks outside your head.
- Overcome procrastination with systematic approach for working on any goal or commitment.
- Avoid overwhelm by being aware of your commitments and not taking on more than you can do.
- Unleash creativity by clearing your mind of repetitive thinking about everyday tasks.
GTD and Your Team
- Boost accountability and trust in your team by having a common way of working.
- Increased team productivity through clearly defined outcomes and discreet next actions.
- Shorter meetings through focused discussions to set clear next actions and task ownership.
- Faster and clearer communication as e-mails and messages don’t get lost in overflowing inboxes.
GTD and Your Organization
- Improve trust in your leaders by increasing their responsiveness.
- Prevent burnout in your organization through increased clarity and efficiency.
- Reduce management overhead by improving your staff’s self-management skills.
- Better work-life balance by improving your staff’s ability to “turn off work” while at home.